Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thrill seeking, I guess

So I went to six flags over the weekend. I'd never been to an amusement park before and it was quite an experience. I embraced the thought of 200 foot drops very quickly and wasted no time to get on the tallest ride I could find. It was very exciting and I had a lot of fun, moving from one ride to the next to see how long I could keep my lunch (I never lost it, I win!) At the end of the day I let them attach a bungee chord to my person, hoist me up into the air and then let me fall ten stories just to swing back up and fall again a few time. That was an experience I won't be forgetting any time soon.

I wish I could take the same approach to all aspects of my life. I'm always really afraid of what tomorrow will bring, mostly because I know full well what yesterday dragged in. I think the fear and apprehension affects my decisions in somewhat negative ways. If only life really was a roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment