Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Reflection of my examples

Was the essay hard? I think so, because it was a slightly new perspective. I've always built essays and then packed as much example in them as I could. I love example. It's a wonderful filler that always drives the point home, and they're 'free'. What I mean by this, is that real world examples already happened. They're completely factual and are in no need of editing, you can just write it how it happened. I suppose that would be my advice to the next writers of these essays. Don't stress about the example, the example writes itself! Stress more about how the example relates to your essay and your point. The hardest part was manipulating the example to fit that in the best way possible. To be honest, I'm still not sure I tweaked it enough in the end. I think after reading my example people would get the idea that I feel mental hospitals are "bad" (I wrote on mental hospitals, my main example was an anecdote in the intro) but they wouldn't really get a sense of how. I really hope that I built that up with the remainder of my essay, but I suppose only grades shall tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment