Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I hate my major

I'm majoring in "Information Technology" (eventually Computer Science) because I have an inexplicably strong love for computers. However, I've discovered I really hate taking major-specific courses for it. The computer industry is always full of dick-measuring. I'm not sure why. Maybe because for most of us, it's the only talent we have, and it isn't exactly a talent you go pick up hotties with. Not to mention, it's not something you can ramble on about passionately at a dinner party. So I hate it. I hate being the best at it, because #1 is a very lonely position to fill. I tell you in angry frustration, and not in arogance, that I havn't met anyone that can come close to the knowledge I've obtained about my passion.

So, screw it. I need a new talent. So I asked myself, what do I love as much as computers? The answer is music. But I don't know how to play anything, and I have zero singing talent. So it's been decided that I will learn to play the piano. I'm a sucker for a piano tune and always have been, so if I spend hours and hours learning how to play a simple tune I'll still be happy in the end. Also, it'll be hours and hours I have not spent learning even more about a topic I already know so much about I can't find anyone that can keep up in a light hearted conversation about.

No comments:

Post a Comment